With summer months coming to a close, winter is just around the corner. As an owner of a construction business, do you have a back-up plan for bad weather? What if a storm hits and either shuts down your operation or damages work you have already completed?
Did you know you can protect your business against weather disruption?
The type of insurance you purchase will depend on a variety of factors including how big your company is, the number of employees you have, and the type of work your produce.
What type of policies should you consider for your construction company?
- Business income insurance
- Business income insurance will cover any loss of income for up to 12 months in the event that your business is shut down or put on hold due to weather damages or other events that are out of your control. This is an important policy to have come this winter.
- General liability insurance:
- All construction companies, large or small, need to have this coverage. This provides financial coverage if someone is insured or property is damaged while working for you.
- Professional liability insurance:
- In case you provide any consultation, design work or advice as a part of your construction business services, professional liability insurance is a must as it will provide coverage if a client experiences a problem or loss due to your consultation services.
How do I know what insurance is right for me?
Finding the right insurance as a business owner is important because it can mean the difference between being successful or struggling through times.
How do you know what coverage you need? Talk to your insurance agent (844-272-3420) and let them help you find any potential gaps in your coverage and offer insight regarding what coverage you may be missing.